First Baptist Church of Conway, SC is looking for a dynamic Ministry Assistant to assist in day to day office duties and to provide administrative leadership for the staff and the church office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist staff and the church with office work and support First Baptist Church in their ministry. This includes but is not limited to:
- Keep the church office and staff organized and moving forward.
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff member, and phone, route calls and take messages.
- Assist staff with administrative duties as requested.
- Assist with finances of the church by making deposits, tracking expenses, monitoring the budget.
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and email as requested.
- Maintain front desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Preparing, developing, and maintaining all printed material for services and events.
- Preparing, developing, and maintaining newsletters or any other correspondence to congregation, visitors, or communication from the church to others.
- Preparing, developing, and maintaining church records according to the needs of the church and staff.
- Develop and maintain building usage calendar.
- Assist in maintaining website and social media.
- Purchase and maintain office and church supplies.
- Any other duties assigned by Senior Pastor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Preferred—5 years of experience in similar position.
- Required—Be a team player and maintain confidentiality.
- Required—Have the mindset that no job is beneath you.
- Required— The ability to lift and carry 30lb.
- Required— Complete Indeed assessments that will be emailed to you.
- Must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, a person of character and integrity.
- Office Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite and or Mac computers.
- Great with computers willing to work with different programs, data bases and online software. With the ability to figure things out that are unfamiliar.
- Efficient in the operation of office equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 - $16.00 per hour
Please send resume and cover letter to: